I sit down with John Miley, Associate Editor with The Kiplinger Letter with a special focus on technology.
This is the final of three interviews with John. Each interview lasts around 20 minutes and focus on 5G Technology, Augmented and Virtual Reality, and Drones and Robots respectively.
For each podcast, John shares details about where each technology stands, where it appears to be heading, what companies will be most impacted, and what it will mean for the economy and consumers.
A quick overview of our third interview:
- How the FAA has fallen behind regarding regulation.
- The impact of recent regulations released in August of this year.
- Big push to allow drones to: 1) fly over people 2) fly without line of sight 3) fly at night.
- Where we are in the evolution of the drone industry.
- How big the industry is expected to be in 2025 (and number of jobs will create).
- The huge impact drones will have on delivery services.
- How privacy rules will impact drones.
- The wide array of industries and services that will utilize drones.
- The new roles that robots will play in manufacturing.
- Robots to mow your lawn?
- Much, much more on what the roll out of both drones and robots will look like and who it will impact.
Companies mentioned: Amazon (AMZN), FedEx (FDX), UPS (UPS), Verizon (VZ), Ford (F), GM (GM), Toyota (TM), Honda (HMC), Tesla (TSLA) and more.
I hope you enjoy this final of three interviews with John Miley from The Kiplinger Letter.