Richard Berger and I sit down to talk about his thoughts on an upcoming bear market. Richard shares what he's doing right now to make sure he is prepared for it.
This leads to an indepth conversation about Richard's overall investing approach. Out of the 100+ investing interviews I've conducted, Richard's approach continues to be one of my favorites.
A quick overview:
- Why trying to predict a bear market will get you in trouble.
- How he uses Gold (GLD) as his emergency fund.
- How he utilizes cash covered puts in his strategy.
- A detailed look at his investing approach.
- What a market bottom looks like.
- How he determines the fair value of a stock.
- Much more...
Companies Mentioned: SP 500 (SPY), Cogate (CL), Coca-Cola (KO), PG (PG), General Mills (GIS), PPG (PPG), Consolidated Edison (ED), Exxon (XOM)