It's no secret that many dividend stocks are over-extended in their valuations. What should dividend investors do in light of this?
I caught up to Mark Painter to get his thoughts on where things are and what savvy investors can do to boost yields and lower risk.
A quick overview:
- Why are dividend stocks so overvalued?
- How real is a the "correction" risk for dividend stocks?
- Where can investors go to find yield right now?
- Are there any hidden opportunities in dividend stocks?
- What options are available for boosting dividend yields?
- Is selling now a good idea?
Companies Mentioned: General Motors (GM), Gold (GLD), Utilities (XLU), Treasuries (TLT), High Yield Bond (HYG), S&P 500 (SPY)