Joe Springer is a self-taught investor in the line of Joel Greenblatt and Bruce Greenwald. Since he was a kid, he's been fascinated by finance and the stock market.
In today's interview, we discuss the following:
- How a subscription to "Penny Power" as a kid helped set his course in life.
- Which resources were most helpful in his stock market training.
- Why we are not on the cusp of a major market crash.
- How the market today differs from 2007.
- In the event of a market correction, how he plans to position his portfolio.
- Why small caps are his preferred hunting ground and what specifically he looks for when screening for investments.
- What small cap sectors offer the greatest value right now.
- How he researches and decides on the companies he ultimately puts in his portfolio.
- Parting wisdom for self-directed investors managing their own portfolios.
I hope you enjoy today's interview with Joe Springer.